Making a Shiny Glass Logo in Photoshop is easy but how we can make it in Adobe Illustrator?
You can do it easily with this tutorial,
I prepared the images step by step for making it easy, also you see the vector format (.svg) in the end of this tutorial. First see the result;
1. Open a new document (File > New), we will design 3 circles inside each other, please follow me;
2. Create a circle with “Ellipse Tool”, Name it “base circle”, press “Shift Key" from the keyboard to have a nice Circle.
3. Make it gradient (blue #42B5FF and white #FFFFFF) like this image, and #42B5FF color for its border.
4. Copy “base circle”; with “Ctrl+C” then “Ctrl+F”, now you have another circle in front of “base circle”, Name it “c2”, make it a little smaller. You will have this image;
5. Remove the border of c2, then change the gradient color as a reflection; Object> transform> Reflect> Vertical with 90° for angle as this image;
6. Now you have this result;
7. copy c2 and past with “Ctrl+C” then “Ctrl+F”, now you have another circle in front of “c2”, Name it “c3”, make it a little smaller, and change the gradient angle (rotate it 90°) like this image;
*** Designing the 3 circles finished, we have to design a small shiny part in top left corner, this will make the logo more shiny, follow me .....
8. Copy c3 and past it out
of the main design (we will cut a small part of this circle), copy and past it then make it a little smaller, and name it, put these 2 circles on eachother like this image;
9. Select these 2 circles and divide them with pathfinder; window> pathfinder> divide.
We need just the small path between 2 paths so;
Remove big paths and first small path, you will have this small path, name it “cornershine”;
10. Decrease the transparency of “cornershine” so go to window> transparency and make the opacity 77
11. Put this “cornershine” in the right place on the logo like this;
*** The main part of Logo is ready, we are going to put an @ inside it, you can put all the alphabet letters as you want, follow me
12. Type an @ with a font you like, it should be italic, otherwise you should skew it a little, choose #42B5FF for color. Name it “alpha 1”, Like this
13. Copy and past @ with “Ctrl+C” then “Ctrl+F”, name it “alpha 2” and change the color to #FFFFFF. Move the "alpha 2" a bit to right, now it is clear on blue alpha.
14. The logo will be better with a nice shadow so create an ellipse with this color #698696 and make it blur with Effect> Blur> Caution blur.
15. Type the name under logo, your shiny logo is ready. You can use all the alphabet letters or other signs instead of @ inside the icon part.
and download this Logo in vector format, you will follow the tutorial faster.